Between work, sleep and everything in between, it sometimes becomes impossible to cook a proper meal. Turning to frozen meals, leftovers and fast food seems like a convenient choice but definitely not a healthy one. Often, when we are pressed for time, we also encounter some roadblocks that make it even harder to manage an easy meal to cook. Lack of specific ingredients, need for fresh supplies when you don’t have enough time or even the high prices of the most commonly used ingredients can sometimes pose as a difficulty when cooking.
Luckily, we’ve got some easy to follow tips to help you make the most of the little time you can spare and not sacrifice your health or diet at the same time –
- Refrain from keeping junk food in the house. When you’re hungry, binging on junk food seems like the most convenient option. This might seem like a good idea at the moment, but it can be extremely unhealthy and counter-productive
- Prepare your fruits, vegetables and other supplies for the week ahead. Life in the kitchen would seem a whole lot easier if you have the right supplies in advance, chopped and stored for the week ahead.
- Prepare a list of go-to meals that can save you the time and trouble of deciding what to cook. This also helps you prep for your groceries well in advance.
- Find a supermarket shortcut by looking for easier ways to do grocery shopping. Select a store that provides instant and free grocery delivery, or the convenience to order supplies online or through WhatsApp.
Check out our easy dinner ideas for when you’re preparing meals on the clock –
One pot pasta
- 250gms whole-wheat pasta
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup of finely chopped onion
- 2 thinly sliced garlic cloves
- 1 thinly sliced red chili pepper
- 8-10 basil leaves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups of water
- Salt, pepper and oregano for seasonins
- Take a big deep vessel or pot and add all the ingredients together in it.
- Allow it to cook for 12-15 minutes while stirring it occasionally.
- Season it with grated cheese, pepper and basil leaves (optional).
- Serve it hot.
- 1 cup of soaked rice
- 250gms of chopped spinach
- 1 cup of grated carrots
- 1 cup of sliced onions
- 5-6 chopped cashew nuts
- 1 tsp of cumin seeds
- 1 tsp of garam masala
- 2 cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cups of water
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker or a large vessel. Add the cumin seeds, cloves and bay leaves.
- To this, add the onion and cashew nuts and stir-fry it for 2-3 minutes.
- Add chopped spinach and carrot, and allow it to cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Once the spinach starts wilting, add the soaked rice and water.
- Cover the vessel with a lid and cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Serve it hot with a drizzle of fresh coriander leaves.
Preparing quick and easy meals should now be simple, especially when you can get all the grocery supplies delivered to your doorstep for free with Easyday Club’s WhatsApp delivery convenience