Don’t we all just simply love the IPL season? It is the perfect excuse to get together with friends and family and cheer for your favorite team. Turns out, this is also a great time to enjoy binging on flavorful snacks and finger foods. Although we all love our usual chip-and-dip affair, the excitement demands for slightly more indulgent snacks. So, we thought why not give you some binge-worthy ideas to use when you host an IPL bash at home. Here are a few quick ideas that taste like a million bucks
- 2 cups finely chopped spinach
- 1 cup finely sliced onions
- 5-6 tbsp. of chickpea flour
- 1 tbsp. of rice flour
- 1 tsp. red chilli powder
- ½ tsp. turmeric and coriander powder
- ½ tsp. carom seeds
- 4 tbsp. vegetable oil (for frying)
- Pinch of baking soda
- Salt as required
- Take a large mixing bowl and add washed and chopped spinach, onions, chickpea flour, rice flour, baking soda, red chilli powder, turmeric, coriander powder, salt and 1 tablespoon of oil. Mix all the ingredients well and set it aside.
- Heat a pan with oil for deep frying. Take a spoonful of the spinach batter, flatten it on your palm and drop it directly into the hot oil.
- Similarly, use the batter to make the rest of the pakodas.
- Deep fry the pakodas till they turn golden-brown and crisp. Drain it and soak the extra oil using a tissue paper.
- Sprinkle some chaat masala on top and serve it piping hot with mint chutney and tomato ketchup.
- 1 cup refined flour
- 1 cup processed cheese
- ½ cup sliced onions
- ½ cup finely chopped capsicum
- ½ cup pizza sauce
- 2 finely chopped green chillis
- 2 tsp. oregano and chilli flakes
- 5 tbsp. vegetable oil (for frying)
- Salt as required
- Take a large mixing bowl and add the refined flour, salt, sufficient water and 2 teaspoon oil and knead it into a smooth dough. Cover it with a muslin cloth and keep it aside.
- Heat some oil in a pan and add the pizza sauce, onions, capsicum, oregano, chilli flakes and salt as needed. Turn off the flame and add the grated cheese. Mix it well.
- Divide the samosa dough into equal proportions and roll it into thick oval-shaped rotis. Cut it from the center to form semi circles.
- Form each semi-circle into a cone and stuff it with the prepared pizza sauce mixture. Seal the edges of the cone using water.
- Heat some oil in a pan and once it is piping hot, drop each stuffed samosa in and deep fry it till it turns golden brown and crispy.
- Serve it hot with coriander chutney and garlic chutney.
- 2 cups plain hung curd
- 1 cup crumbled cottage cheese
- ½ cup chopped coriander leaves
- ½ tsp. grated ginger
- 1 tsp. finely chopped green chillis
- ½ cup of bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp. corn flour
- 3 tbsp. vegetable oil (for frying)
- Salt and pepper as required
- Take a mixing bowl and add the hung curd, cottage cheese, coriander leaves, bread crumbs, green chillis, ginger and salt and pepper as needed. Mix all the ingredients well. If the mixture is too sticky, add some more breadcrumbs.
- Grease both your palms with a little bit of oil and prepare small patties. Dust a little bit of corn flour on each patty in order to remove excess oil from it.
- Shallow fry the patties on medium flame till each side turns golden brown.
- Serve it hot with mint chutney and tomato sauce.
- 1 cup soaked chickpeas
- 1 cup soaked black chickpeas
- ½ cup finely chopped onions
- ½ cup finely chopped tomatoes
- ½ cup finely chopped cucumber
- ½ cup finely chopped coriander
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. chaat masala and red chilli powder
- ¼ tsp. cumin powder
- 1 finely chopped green chilli
- 2 tbsp. tamarind chutney
- Salt as required
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients and salt as required and mix it well.
- Transfer it to a serving bowl and heat it slightly before serving.
- Enjoy these mixed flavours with hot tea.
You’ll be surprised at how appetizing these snacks taste when binged on while watching your favorite IPL game. You can now order all the ingredients for these recipes using Easyday Club’s round-the-clock grocery delivery service. Become an Easyday Club member today to avail member exclusive offers and a minimum 10% discount every time you shop. Free home delivery of everyday groceries can now easily be managed by placing your grocery delivery order on WhatsApp. So, let the games begin!