Among all the other days when we try to keep our kids happy and healthy, Children’s Day is a day to make them feel truly special. Apart from playing games, watching movies or going out, it is always a great idea to just spend time with them and cook or do something equally fun.
We’ve put together 4 amazing kid-friendly recipes that will make them instantly jump up and down with excitement. Take a look at these four recipes for kids that are super easy to prepare and even the kids can enjoy being a part of the process –
Pesto and Spinach Muffins
- 2 cups (300g) self-raising flour
- 50g grated pizza cheese
- 25g grated parmesan
- 20g baby spinach leaves, roughly chopped
- 50g butter, melted
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons pesto
- Prepare a muffin tray by lining it with cupcake liners. Keep it aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, spinach, pizza cheese and parmesan.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and butter.
- Add the milk mixture to the flour mixture and stir with a large metal spoon until just combined.
- Gently stir through the pesto.
- Mix well until the mixture becomes sticky and lumpy.
- Add a spoonful of this mixture to the cupcake liner and fill it to its 3/4th quantity.
- Place the tray into a preheated oven and bake for 18-20 mins or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Your pesto and spinach muffins are now ready and the kids can even take it to school in their tiffin boxes.
Cheesy Basil Pizza Muffin
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup of finely chopped basil leaves
- 2 tbsp sweet corn
- 1 whole egg
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- ½ cup of pizza sauce
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ cup of mozzarella cheese
- Pinch of salt
- Line a muffin tray with cupcake liners and set it aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients and half the cheese and mix it all well.
- Add a spoonful of batter to the cupcake liner and fill it to its 3/4th quantity.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- Place the tray in a preheated oven for 18-20 mins or until toothpick comes out clean.
- These cheesy muffins are ready. Serve it hot with chilli sauce and ketchup.
P.S. The best part about muffin recipes is that you can customize it according to your child’s favorite choice of veggies.
Chocolate Brownie Cake
- 100g plain chocolate
- 100g butter
- 100ml condensed milk
- 100g plain flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- ½ cup of chocolate chips
- 1 cup of water
- Pinch of salt
- Sift the flour and keep it aside.
- Combine the chocolate, butter and one cup of water and heat it in a vessel. Keep stirring this mixture till all the ingredients complete melt and blend together.
- Now add this mixture to the flour, pour the condensed milk, add a pinch of salt and mix all the ingredients well.
- Add the vanilla essence and chocolate chips now and mix again.
- Pour this batter into a greased mould and place it in a preheated oven for 25mins.
- Don’t over bake the cake as it would turn out to be dry. Check with a toothpick, once it looks almost done, take the tray out and allow it to cool down.
- Cut it into small pieces and enjoy it warm with a scoop of vanilla or chocolate ice cream.
No-Bake Orange Cheesecake
- 12-15 digestive biscuits
- ½ cup of melted butter
- 350-400g cream cheese
- 100g caster sugar
- ½ cup of orange zest
- ½ cup of cold milk
- ½ cup of cream
- Crush and crumble the biscuits roughly and mix it with butter.
- Take a low-rise tin tray and set this biscuit base evenly. Let it set in the refrigerator for 30mins.
- Meanwhile, combine cream cheese, orange zest, sugar, milk and whisked cream in a bowl. Mix it all well to a smooth consistency.
- Now take the biscuit base out and spread cream cheese mixture on it evenly.
- Garnish it with orange slices and stick it in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours, till it completely sets.
- Cut into the cheesecake and enjoy this treat with your kids!
P.S. Cakes are easy to experiment with. You can add your kids’ choice of fruits, syrups, flavours and dry fruits to these sweet recipes and make it even more special.
Make this November 14, even more memorable with finger foods and cake recipes for kids. Find all types of dessert, baking and snacks ingredients at Easyday Club, along with other household essentials at the best prices. Order hassle-free using whatsapp shopping and avail for instant grocery delivery service.