Feeling blue, bored or bitter? You’re definitely not alone. If there is one thing that can help you get out of or make the most of a particular mood, then it is food. This Emoji Day, we are celebrating our common love for food that goes perfectly well with different kinds of moods. If you’re sad and low, there is nothing better than a sugar rush that can instantly help you snap out of it. In the same way, an emoji that reflects your current mood can be complemented by an Emoji Day recipe. Here are a few easy recipes that are perfect for our usual emoji moods –
Sad and low-spirited? Kick off your mood with One Bowl Choco Chip Brownies
- 1 cup of unsalted butter
- 1 ½ cup of chocolate chips (mildly sweet)
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour (maida)
- ½ cup of dark cocoa powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp salt
- Take a large mixing bowl and combine the butter and chocolate chips. Place it in a preheated oven for 2 minutes, after which, take it out of the oven and let it sit for 3-4 minutes. Now, whisk the melted butter and chocolate together into a smooth consistency.
- To this, add the granulated sugar, brown sugar, salt and vanilla extract and mix all the ingredients well. Now whisk the eggs into this mixture.
- Sift the flour and cocoa powder into the bowl and mix it all well. The batter by now will be thick and smooth.
- Add some more chocolate chips if you want your brownies to be chewy.
- Prepare a baking pan with some parchment paper and spray some cooking oil.
- Set the brownie batter evenly in the baking pan bake it for 40-45 minutes.
- Allow it to cool down before you cut it.
- Serve it with vanilla ice cream and caramel syrup.
Bored and lazy? Liven up your energy levels with Crispy Garlic Potatoes
- 8-10 medium sized potatoes
- 2 tbsp chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp of thyme
- ½ cup of olive oil
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Salt as required
- Dice the potatoes into bite-sized pieces and don’t remove the peel.
- Boil some water in a large pot and add baking soda and one teaspoon of salt. Add the diced potatoes to this boiling water pot and allow it to cook for 10-12 minutes. Keep stirring the potatoes occasionally. Drain the excess water.
- In a separate pan, combine olive oil, chopped garlic, thyme, pepper and a pinch of salt and heat it on medium flame. Keep stirring it occasionally until the garlic turns slightly golden-brown. Take it off the flame and strain it.
- Pour this oil over the potatoes, sprinkle some salt and pepper and toss it well.
- Spread the oil-coated potatoes over a wide baking dish and place it in a preheated oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Sprinkle some pepper and sea salt (if needed) and freshly cut parsley. Serve it hot.
Feeling anxious or stressed? – Nothing like Pizza Muffins to relieve your stress
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tbsp dried oregano
- ½ tbsp dried basil
- ½ tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp chopped jalapenos
- 2 tbsp sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup of grated cheese (salted)
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- In a mixing bowl, combine all-purpose flour, baking powder, one egg and melted butter. Mix all ingredients well and make a soft dough.
- Prepare a muffin tray by greasing it some cooking spray. Take a spoonful of the dough and flatten it each muffin socket.
- Sprinkle a pinch of oregano, basil and garlic powder on each. Add a few jalapeno and cherry tomato pieces to each along with some grated cheese.
- In a separate bowl, whisk two eggs, milk and cream together. Pour this mixture over the muffins.
- Sprinkle some grated cheese on top and place the muffin tray in a preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, until they turn slightly golden-brown.
- Serve it hot with some tomato-basil or marinara sauce.
Happy, laughing and cheerful? Share your laughter with Cheese Chilli Burgers
- 2 cups of boiled black beans
- 1 cup of roasted red peppers
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- ¾ cup of cornmeal
- ½ cup of sliced tomatoes
- ½ cup of sliced onions
- 2 tbsp mustard sauce
- 2 cheese slices
- 4 burger buns
- Salt and pepper as required
- Microwave the black beans for a minute. To this, add roasted peppers, garlic, cumin powder, salt and mix all the ingredients together.
- Now add cornmeal and knead the mixture well.
- Take a handful of the mixture and shape it into flat, round patties.
- Place the patties in a preheated oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, on a separate plate, place the burger bun facing upwards and spread some mustard sauce evenly. Place a few sliced tomatoes and onions and sprinkle a pinch of black pepper.
- Place the cooked patty on the sliced vegetables. Now add the cheese slice and cover it with another burger bun.
- Stick the burger in the oven for another 2 minutes.
- Serve it hot with mustard sauce and tomato ketchup.
Since food is your one-stop solution for all moods and feelings, don’t forget to try these easy recipes at home. Find the best collection of cake mixes, chocolates, condiments, fresh bakery supplies and other such common ingredients at guaranteed lowest prices, only at Easyday Club. Simply place an order and get free and instant grocery delivery servicess to your doorstep.