Summer Vacations always call out for something fun. They are an endless source of different opportunities and experience and can turn out to be a time of bonding between the parents and the kids. This summer, teach your child about the wonders of cooking, and cook a storm in the kitchen together.
- Papad 4
- Puffed rice 4 cups
- Potatoes boiled and peeled 2 medium
- Masala chana dal 2 tablespoons
- Red chilli chutney 2 teaspoons
- Sweet Date and Tamarind Chutney 1 tablespoon
- Green chutney 2 teaspoons
- Fresh coriander leaves 2 tablespoons
- Sev 1/2cup + for garnish
- Heat sufficient oil in a kadai. Cut potato into small cubes and put them in a bowl.
- Slide in papads, one by one, into hot oil and deep-fry. The papads will fluff up, drain them and immediately press down in the centre with round wooden press. The papad will now be shaped like a bowl or katori.
- Add kurmura to the bowl. Add masala chana dal, red chilli chutney, sweet chutney, green chutney and sev. Chop coriander leaves and add and mix well.
- Put bhel in the papad bowls. Garnish with a little sev and serve immediately.
- Processed cheese grated 1 cup
- Macaroni pasta boiled 300 grams
- Butter 6 tablespoons
- Refined flour (maida) 2 tablespoons
- Milk 2 cups
- Salt to taste
- White pepper powder to taste
- Fresh bread crumbs 2 tablespoons
- Black peppercorns crushed 1/2 teaspoons
- Preheat an oven to 200ºC/400ºF. Heat two tablespoons of butter in a non-stick pan. You can also use a combination of butter and olive oil.
- Add the flour and sauté lightly, making sure that it does not change colour. Gradually add some milk, stirring continuously, so that no lumps are formed.
- Add salt and white pepper powder and mix well. Add half the grated cheese and continue to stir. After adding the cheese, the sauce will thicken further, so add more milk to adjust the consistency.
- Add the macaroni and toss to mix. Transfer the mixture into a seven-inch square baking dish. Sprinkle breadcrumbs over the top and dot with the remaining butter. Sprinkle the remaining cheese and crushed peppercorns.
- Bake till the cheese melts and turns golden. Serve hot.
Is it getting difficult to past time this summer vacation? Put your chef hats on and spend some quality time by teaching these easy summer recipes for kids to make. Engage them with all the fun that they can do with all the veggies and fruits, get these from theEasyday Club’s grocery delivery service and make your children a junior master-chef with these kid chef recipes. Avail all such benefits by becoming a member at your nearby Easyday Club store.