These recipes will help you create such amazing hassle-free food. One pan and so many amazing recipes.
In this recipe you will need only two main ingredients potato and eggs to whip up one super healthy omelet.
- 500g new potato
- 150ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 6 eggs
- Scrape 500g new potatoes or leave the skins on, if you prefer. Cut them into thick slices. Chop 1 onion.
- Heat 150ml extra-virgin olive oil in a and large frying pan, add the potatoes and onion and stew gently, partially covered, for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally until the potatoes are softened. Strain the potatoes and onion through a colander into a large bowl (set the strained oil aside).
- Beat 6 eggs separately, then stir into the potatoes with 3 tbsp. chopped flat-leaf parsley and plenty of salt and pepper. Heat a little of the strained oil in a smaller pan.
- Tip everything into the pan cook on a moderate heat, using a spatula to shape the omelet into a cushion.
- When almost set, invert on a plate and slide back into the pan and cook a few more minutes.
- Invert twice more, cooking the omelet briefly each time and pressing the edges to keep the cushion shape. Slide on to a plate and cool for 10 minutes before serving.
One Pan Spicy Rice
With a handful of assorted ingredients mixed in one pan will get you one bowl of spicy rice. Fill in some spice and spark in your mundane summer afternoon with these easy Pan recipes.
- 1 tbsp. sunflower oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp. medium curry paste (Madras is a good one to use)
- 250g basmati rice, rinsed
- 450ml vegetable stock
- 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- handful of raisins
- 175g frozen leaf spinach, thawed
- handful of cashew nuts
- natural yogurt to serve, optional
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick pan that has a lid, then fry the garlic and curry paste over a medium heat for 1 minute, until it smells toasty.
- Tip the rice into the pan with the stock, chickpeas and raisins and stir with a fork to stop the rice from clumping. Season with salt and pepper, then cover and bring to the boil. Reduce to a medium heat and cook for 12-15 minutes or until all the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is tender.
- Squeeze the excess water from the spinach with your hands. Tip it into the pan along with 2 tbsp. of hot water and fluff up the rice with a fork, making sure the spinach is mixed in well. Toss in the cashews. Serve drizzled with natural yogurt if you like.
Fluffy Buttermilk Pancakes
Who doesn’t love pancakes, especially if they are healthy too. Let’s learn how to flip these in your pan!
- 2 cups all-purpose sifted
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup warm buttermilk
- 1 cup warm whole milk
- ¼ cup real butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl sift together flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda and sugar. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl beat eggs until fluffy and uniform in color.
- Whisk in buttermilk and whole milk.
- Stir in melted butter and vanilla extract.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients.
- Pour the wet mixture into the well.
- Gently add the dry ingredients into the well and stir until flour is incorporated. (Be very careful here and do not over stir. Batter should be lumpy.)
- Heat a nonstick griddle to 350 F. (This is the standard tempt. but griddles seem to heat differently. I have to heat mine to 300 F. It may be best to do a test pancake first to test out what is the best temp for your griddle)
- Place ⅓ cup worth of pancake batter onto the hot griddle. (I spread the batter out a little as I’m pouring it on since the batter is thick if it has sat for a while.)
- Cook pancakes until bubbles break on the surface and then flip them over and cook the other side until golden. (see note)
- Spread melted butter on top of each pancake and place in a stack.
- Serve hot with syrup and whipped butter.
Have a look at these simple pan-friendly Recipes, these will fulfil your taste buds craving for grilled charred flavor! All you need is a frying pan and some cheap groceries to cook these flavorsome dishes. You can now order all the ingredients for these recipes using the Easyday Club’s grocery delivery service. Become an Easyday Club member and avail these exclusive member offers and also get an additional 10% discount whenever you shop with us. Manage your everyday groceries with Easyday Club’s grocery services by placing your order on WhatsApp.