Sometimes making Indian food can prove to be daunting, specifically for beginners. Indian cuisine is known for variety of ingredients and techniques that it generally incorporates, which at times can be a little intimidating to follow. This one recipe given below can help you show your culinary skills and get appreciation, without having to worry about elaborate ingredients. Learn how to make Gulab Jamuns from bread and shine as a hostess next time you have guests at your home!
For sugar syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3 cardamom powder
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
For Bread Gulab Jamun
- 6 slices bread, white bread
- 2 tbsp full cream milk powder
- 1 tbsp cream
- 3-4 tbsp milk, warm
- ghee/ oil for deep frying
For sugar syrup
- Firstly, in a wide pan take 1 cup of sugar.
- Further, to that add 1 cup of water and get to a boil.
- Then simmer for 4 minutes till the sugar syrup turns slightly sticky.
- Now add cardamom powder.
- Also add lemon juice to stop crystallization process.
- Cover and keep aside.
For bread Gulab Jamun recipe
- Firstly, cut the sides of 6 bread slices.
- Furthermore, blend to fine powder like breadcrumbs.
- Also add 2-3 tbsp. of milk powder and a tbsp. of cream.
- Crumble and mix well.
- Slowly add warm milk little by little and knead to a smooth and soft dough.
- Furthermore, make small balls greasing ghee to hands.
- Make sure there are no cracks on balls.
- Heat the oil or ghee on low flame to medium flame and when it is moderately hot, fry the jamuns.
- Fry the balls on low flame stirring in between.
- Fry till the balls turns golden brown.
- Immediately, drop the hot jamuns into hot sugar syrup.
- Boil the sugar syrup for a minute after you add fried jamuns.
- Cover the lid and rest for 2 hours.
- Finally, bread gulab jamuns have doubled in size
- Serve warm & garnish it with few chopped nuts.
Did you ever wonder that a gulab jamun could add more flavors to your life? Well, yes it does! Scintillate your taste buds with these exciting bread Gulab Jamun recipes. These will not only guide you on how to make gulab jamuns but will also give you innovative ways to serve and use them. Also you can leave your worry to arranging for the ingredients aside with the fresh grocery delivery service delivering all the ingredients at your door step! So what are you waiting for? Go ahead and try these sumptuous home-made gulab jamun recipes!