Busy weeks often make it difficult to prepare lunches or even find the time to gather the right ingredients in the morning. An easy and effective way to tackle this is by using your dinner recipe ideas for leftover lunch recipes as well.
If you are also a fan of dinner leftovers that can be used for next day lunches, then here are five appetizing recipes for leftover lunch –
Peanut Lemon Rice
- 2 cups of cooked rice
- 1 cup of roasted and unsalted peanuts
- 2 tbsp of lemon juice
- 1 tsp mustard seeds, turmeric, red chillli and coriander powder
- 3-4 curry leaves
- ½ tsp of grated ginger
- 1 finely sliced green chilli
- Salt to taste
- Heat some oil in a pan and add the green chilli, mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- To this, add the ginger and peanuts and cook it for 1-2 minutes.
- After this, sprinkle the turmeric powder and turn off the flame. Add the lemon juice and mix it well.
- Add the cooked rice, red chill powder, coriander powder and salt and mix it thoroughly.
- Serve it hot with a sprinkle of fresh coriander leaves.
Broccoli Almond Soup
- 1 ½ cup of chopped broccoli
- 8-10 soaked almonds
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 cup of water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil the broccoli and set it aside to cool down.
- Take a food processor and add the boiled broccoli, almonds and half a cup of milk and blend it.
- Heat one teaspoon of butter in a pan and add this blended mixture, water and rest of the milk to it and keep stirring.
- Add salt and pepper to it as per your taste and bring it to a boil.
- Serve it hot with a dollop of fresh cream on it.
Pesto Brown Rice with Roasted veggies
- 1 cup of cooked brown rice
- 3 tbsp of pesto sauce
- ½ cup of sweet corn
- ½ cup of mixed peppers
- ½ cup of boiled chickpeas
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Take a large mixing bowl and add the veggies, chickpeas and pesto sauce to it. Add salt and pepper as per your taste and mix it well. Heat this mixture in a pan for 2-3 minutes.
- In a serving bowl, place the cooked brown rice at the bottom and add the pesto-veggies mixture on top of it.
- Serve it hot with a fresh drizzle of finely chopped coriander leaves.
Oats Rava Uttapam
- ½ cup of oatmeal powder
- ½ cup of semolina/rava
- 1 cup of plain yogurt
- ½ cup of chopped tomatoes
- ½ cup of sprouts
- ½ cup of coriander leaves
- Salt and spices as per taste
- Take a mixing bowl and add the oatmeal powder, rava and yogurt. Mix it well and season it with a little salt. In a separate bowl, mix the tomatoes, sprouts and coriander leaves with some salt, red chilli powder and chaat masala.
- Heat a flat pan and grease it with some vegetable oil. Take a spoonful of the oats-rava batter and smear it on the pan in a circular shape.
- Add a spoonful of sprouts mixture in the center of the uttapam and allow it to cook for 2-3 minutes. Flip it around and let it cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Repeat this process to make more uttapams. Serve it hot with mint or tamarind chutney.
- 2 cups of boiled chickpeas
- 1 cup of diced tomatoes
- 1 cup of finely chopped onion
- 1 tsp of turmeric, red chilli powder, coriander powder each
- ½ tsp of garam masala
- 1 finely chopped green chilli, garlic clove and ginger
- 2 tsp of lemon juice
- Salt and sugar as per taste
- Take the green chilli, ginger and garlic clove and grind it roughly.
- Heat some oil in a pan and sauté the onions for 2-3 minutes. To this, add the garlic-chilli paste, turmeric, red chilli powder, coriander powder and salt as per taste.
- Add the tomatoes, chickpeas, sprinkle of sugar and one cup of water. Allow it to cook for 4-5 minutes and bring it to a boil.
- Add the garam masala and lemon juice to it and let it cook for another minute.
- Serve it hot with a drizzle of fresh coriander leaves. You can eat this with rice for dinner and the next day with chapati for lunch.
One more thing you no longer need to worry about is hunting for ingredients, especially when you don’t have enough time. With Easyday Club’s free and instant grocery delivery, you can simply order your groceries and prepare easy leftover recipeswithout any hassle.